Real estate in Dubai has, for several years, shown a steady increase in prices, demand and supply. As per the Government of the Dubai Media Office (GDMO), there were 122,658 real estate transactions worth AED 528 billion (USD 143.75) in 2022. The year-on-year growth was 44.7% in terms of quantity and 76.5% in terms of value. The average price of Dubai properties increased by 8.5–23%, depending on their type and status. The trend is continuing in 2023 as, according to the Dubai Land Department (DLD), there were 9,020 sales transactions worth AED 26.7 billion (USD 7.27 billion) in February, the highest recorded figure for this month.
High levels of security, excellent living conditions, developed infrastructure, proximity to the sea and soft tax legislation attract qualified workers, businessmen, investors and tourists to the city, stimulating the demand for housing. The emirate is currently home to around 90% of expats.
Property in Dubai
Non-residents of The United Arab Emirates are free to buy property for investment or permanent residence. In 2006, the city government approved a list of areas where foreigners have the right to buy apartments, houses and commercial facilities with the right of private ownership. These areas were given the status of freehold zones. Most of the central residential communities of the city, as well as popular seaside resort areas and islands, are included in this list.
Today, the emirate is actively implementing new residential projects. Large development companies offer an instalment plan to purchase houses and apartments under construction, with the possibility of paying over several years.
Foreigners can also take out a loan to buy real estate in Dubai. However, you should keep in mind that the down payment for non-residents is 50% of the value of the object.
Property investment in Dubai
Analysts predict that property prices in Dubai in 2023 will increase by an average of 13.5% compared to last year. Investors can consider apartments and houses in the emirate as reliable tools for saving and increasing capital. The key advantages of investing in Dubai’s real estate market are the following:
- Long-term rentals generally yield between 5 and 8% annually. At the same time, the annual income from short-term rentals can be up to 13%;
- Many foreigners live and work in the city; tourists come from all over the world. All this maintains a steadily high demand for rental housing, allowing owners of apartments and houses to make a good profit;
- The UAE economy shows a positive vector of development that supports the prices and demand of the real estate market;
- Due to the absence of several taxes, investors can get a higher percentage of payback;
- All agreements, permits, etc. procedures are as simple and fast as possible, ensuring that the paperwork is much easier and allowing the investor to rent a home even without being in the UAE;
- The housing market in the emirate is regulated by the government, which protects both tenants and landlords.
The most attractive areas for buying a property in Dubai and having high returns on investment are located in the central and coastal parts of the city. Freehold communities are the most sought-after for home purchases. These include popular neighbourhoods such as:
- Dubai Marina — a high-end waterfront community with a large, landscaped beach, a popular promenade running along the bay with marinas, a shopping centre and numerous restaurants.
- Palm Jumeirah — an artificial palm-shaped island that has become one of the most sought-after places to buy a villa or apartment in Dubai.
- Damac Lagoons — a new independent gated community with luxury villas and townhouses next to the pristine blue lagoon.
- Bluewaters Island — a small private island with apartment complexes, hotels and a large private beach.
- Damac Hills 2 — a quiet family neighbourhood where you can buy a modern townhouse or a villa in Dubai from developer Damac.
Off-plan sales launch in 2023
In 2023, sales of apartments and houses started in several off-plan in Dubai complexes. As the property cost in Dubai is gradually increasing, the prices may increase by up to 20% by the time the construction is completed.
It’s also worth highlighting the premium projects with exclusive real estate, hugely in demand among investors and buyers. Among them are the following:
- The Ritz Carlton Residences, comprising of apartment blocks, individual villas, a wellness centre and a hotel. The premium complex is located along Dubai Creek in Dubai Creekside.
- Keturah Reserve — a premium complex in a modern, minimalist style with an emphasis on living in harmony with nature. It offers apartments and townhouses for sale.
- Emaar Beachfront — a residential community located on a small island next to the Dubai Marina. It features apartment buildings with access to the beach and the marina.
Buy property in Dubai on Dubai-Property.Investments
The website Dubai-Property.Investments present the current offers for property for sale in Dubai, the UAE. With the help of a user-friendly search system and filters by cost, type of housing, total area and several other parameters, you can easily select the most attractive purchase options. The prices in rubles, euros and dollars are provided on the website catalogue.
We cooperate directly with the developers in order to promptly display real estate for sale in Dubai immediately after the sales start. Our clients can choose the best options for apartments and houses at attractive prices from the developers. You can apply online and receive a free consultation with our real estate experts.