Visa support in the UAE
If you plan a short stay in the UAE (30–90 days), citizens of Russia, Ukraine, and several other countries do not need to apply for a visa in advance. Upon arrival in the Emirates, you must show your passport at the immigration desk (immigration) and get a stamp - a free "visa" to stay inside the country.
If you are planning a longer stay to do business or move, it would be more appropriate to apply for a resident visa.
The essence of resident visas
In the UAE there is no concept of a residence permit, however, there is an analog that is as close as possible to it, which also allows a foreigner to legally stay in the country during a long time. This analog is a resident visa. Depending on its type, the length of stay can vary from one to ten years.
Key benefits and features:
- running a business or being employed;
- obtaining the status of a tax resident (subject to compliance with additional conditions);
- opening a bank account;
- rental of housing with the conclusion of a formal contract;
- obtaining a driver's license;
- connection of local mobile communication services.
Residential real estate through investment in housing
Buying real estate is one of the most attractive options for obtaining an analog of a residence permit.
The main conditions for obtaining a visa for 3 years:
- The minimum purchase amount of a property is AED 750,000 (USD 204,000, JPY 1,300,000);
- Real estate in question must be residential and rented (buying a building or commercial premises does not give the right to apply for a resident visa);
- To obtain a mortgage in Dubai, you must pay the bank at least AED 750,000 with your own funds.
Conditions for obtaining a visa for 5 years:
- Minimum investment amount – in Dubai, according to the Land Department (DLD), the minimum purchase amount for a property to obtain a visa is AED 2,000,000 (about USD 544,000, JPY 4,460,000). A similar amount must be paid in Abu Dhabi.
- In Dubai, if the property is under the mortgage, the bank must pay at least AED 2,000,000 of the value of the property. You can buy several objects - the main thing is that the total amount reaches the threshold necessary for applying for a visa.
In Dubai, the conditions for mortgage lending if you are a foreigner are as follows:
- availability of a resident visa;
- employment in one of the local companies or own company in the emirate;
- down payment of 25% of the value of the property plus all costs associated with the mortgage (approximately 5-7% of the loan amount);
- Applicant's age - from 21 to 65 years. The self-employed have a different age range - up to 70 years;
- owned real estate in the UAE (will be a plus).
10-years visa or "Golden Visa":
- the minimum investment amount is AED 10,000,000 (about USD 2,720,000, JPY 17,400,000);
- only up to 40% of the amount can be directed to the purchase of the real estate, the rest must be invested in other areas, e.g. sent to a local investment fund or to open your own company in the UAE.
You can delegate the procedure of obtaining a visa to the company's specialists. Here you will be helped to prepare the necessary documents, advice on all issues regarding obtaining an analog of a residence permit in Dubai and other Emirates, as well as select the most attractive property from an investment point of view to generate income.