Obtaining a residence visa in UAE: a complete set of services
Residence visa (permit) in UAE in 2022
Those who wish to legally stay in the United Arab Emirates for more than 90 days with a tourist visa, as well as cross their border without restrictions, must have local citizenship or a resident visa. This is the most convenient option for foreigners in the UAE, as the residence visa fully covers all the needs of foreigners who are staying in the country for a long term. Obtaining citizenship in the UAE is a challenging business and often pointless.
A residence permit in the UAE can be obtained in several ways, the most popular of which is by property investment in Dubai.
Types of residence visas in UAE
The difference in visas is in reasons for applying, the mechanism for issuing and duration. The validity of a residence permit in the UAE is individual for each type of visa. The list of main options includes:
- Investment visa
Anyone who has purchased property worth more than AED 750,000 (USD 204,000, CNY 1.2 million) can apply for it. This amount can include the cost of several properties. It means that to achieve the minimum threshold, you can add the cost of several real estate units. An investment visa (depending on the cost of the property you are buying) can be valid for three, five or ten years with the opportunity to extend your visa many times.
- Business visa
Entrepreneurs who have opened a company in the UAE and have invested at least AED 70,000 (USD 19,000, CNY 121,000) in the country's economy are eligible to apply for this visa. This type of residence visa allows you to work, but only within your own company as business visa holders are prohibited from working for a third-party organization.
You can find all the necessary information about launching your own business in the UAE on the website and from our specialists.
- Student visa
This type of a residence permit is an option for those who plan to get an education in one of the schools and universities in the UAE. You should also keep in mind that the holder does not have the right to work.
- Work Visa
This visa is applied by the company where the applicant is going to work. When obtaining this visa, the holder can’t work in other companies.
Applying for a resident visa
Buying real estate does not give the right to automatically obtaining a residence permit in the UAE. This requires:
- Submitting an application form to the Land Department of the emirate where the property was purchased,
- Collecting documents required for obtaining a residence permit in the UAE and submit them to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDFRA).
Real estate agents will always help you cope with bureaucratic issues.
Benefits of residence permit in the UAE
A residence visa for expats provides its holders with the following benefits:
- sponsorship in obtaining a visa for family members;
- a simplified scheme for obtaining a mortgage when buying real estate and the opportunity to get a loan in the amount of up to 80% of the value of the property;
- obtaining a personal ID required for tax optimization;
- obtaining a local driver's license and purchasing a car in the UAE;
- opening bank accounts. They are needed not only by individuals. It is impossible to conduct business without a corporate account. You can get the detailed information and qualified assistance in opening a bank account on our website.
Residence permit by property investment
This is the most affordable way to get a residence permit in the UAE for nationals of foreign countries. A visa is issued for three years, but only when you buy completed real estate. Off-plan properties cannot be used as a reason to apply for a residence permit.
Real estate can be purchased with cash or with a mortgage loan issued by a local bank.
- To obtain a three-year visa, you must purchase real estate worth at least AED 750,000 (USD 204,000, CNY 1.2 million);
- To apply for a five-year visa, you must purchase a home worth AED 5 million (USD 1.34 million, CNY 8.67 million). When investing in real estate in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, the threshold is lower - 2 million AED (over USD 545,000, CNY 3.47 million);
- A ten-year visa is available to those who have invested in the country an amount of 10 million AED (USD 2.72 million, CNY 17.35 million). In this case, the share invested in real estate can be up to 40% of this amount.
You can invest in property from any country. If the customer wants to receive a stable income from their investment, they can use companies that offer property management service to rent out their housing remotely. Agents will help you find tenants and maintain your property.
Residence permit in United Arab Emirates for pensioners
For pensioners, there is a special program for obtaining a residence permit in the UAE when buying real estate. Persons over the age of 55 who have received the status of pensioners in their home country can purchase housing worth more than AED 1 million (USD 272,000, CNY 1.73 million) and live in the United Arab Emirates for five years. The visa can be repeatedly extended.
Documents required to apply for a residence permit
In addition to meeting the visa requirements, the applicant needs to provide the following papers:
- a valid international passport;
- a certificate of ownership;
- results of medical tests;
- a non-conviction certificate;
- medical insurance.
The list can be extended depending on the type of visa.
We will help you get a residence permit in UAE
On our website you will find a regularly updated property database with a great selection of properties for sale. Buying one of our options will allow you to get a residence permit.
Are you interested in investing in new properties in Dubai, purchasing a second home or a buy-to-let option? Our specialists will guide you through the whole process and arrange all paperwork.